Tuesday 25 October 2011

20 week scan of the Twins Mum

Mum : Its our twenty week scan and I think in my head I am thinking it might not be twins. It is twins and they are so clear now you can see them, four feet, four hands you can see where this going. Anyway they are not identical we had been told this and they are in separate sacks. we are now under a consultant and we are going to be scanned every four weeks. Our first meeting with the consultant was very emotional we were informed of the dangers of having twin births and also the % of risk of twins and all the things they are looking for when I am being scanned. They also asked us to think about what we would do if one or both of the twins were at risk of downs. I left the hospital that day heavy hearted and sad, what would you do? You play it over and over in your mind what would you do. I have a week to wait for the results of the blood test to check for downs and the relief I felt when they said we were low risk I cannot explain I am not even sure I ever had a decision in my head. At the next scan I was told they were very small and hadn't put on any weight so now we are being scanned every two weeks we are 26 weeks at this point. At week 28 they still hadn't put on any weight so now I have to steroid injections to ensure their lungs were developed enough just in case they need to come early. Oh did I say we have also sold our house and should be moving just before Christmas!!! Our four year old daughter is asking why all our stuff is in boxes and where is our christmas tree and will santa know we have moved??? all these questions were answered with a delay on the sale. A couple of days before Christmas due to the stress and delay to the sell of our house I start to bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment